August 31, 2013

Transforming a Soup Jar Into Decorative Bathroom Storage

I've been wanting to do this project for a awhile. In fact, I've had all the materials for as long as I've wanted to do it.  Finding the motivation to sit down - in one spot - for a little bit was the problem. It's impossible for me to do anymore. There is just never enough time in the day to do everything that needs to be done!


The before picture is a little embarrassing.  I've been using this comb/brush/mirror setup for at least a year. It was all I had at the time to hold the stuff and it just happens that's how it has stayed. 


I had a larger soup can that I knew would work well to hold the comb/brush/mirror trio.  The rope was purchased - for no apparent reason - while at Home Depot for another project. And I always have a glue gun and glue on hand. 


I did rough the can up a little bit with a sanding block. Sometimes hot glue gets fickle with what it will stick to. I wanted the surface to be as hot glue friendly as possible.


Then I just wrapped and hot glued -- around and around.


Seriously, this probably took me all of three minutes. And I was like, "What? It took me months to sit down to do this and it only took three minutes??"


Three minutes and about three dollars....if that.








Now the comb/brush/mirror trio looks a little more "high-end" than before. 


I like it because it holds it all a bit more secure than the other one -- and it is soooo much prettier :)

Gosh I love a good -- functional DIY project!

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone.

xoxoxoxoxo
Jessica


Linking to THESE Partaayyys!!!

It's Overflowing

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!