August 15, 2013

Messy Yellow Desk


Last week I posted a little peek at a few things I had been doing at my Think Yellow...  post.  One of them was this little yellow desk. 

It's not your usual paint job. My fiance thinks I may have ruined it lol. But everyone else has commented on how cute it is sitting in it's new spot in the craft room.


Messy Painted Yellow Desk


Yellow isn't usually my "go-to" color for painting (anything).  It was a toss up between the yellow and the teal I had from previous projects...I really just needed to get rid of the paint. Teal won to begin with...but when I opened it I found that I had not sealed it well enough and it was hard as a rock! 

So yellow it was. 

The original plan had been to paint it yellow and then use a brown glaze to antique it. But after a few brush strokes, that went out the window also.

Messy Painted Yellow Desk


The paint just ended up being more of a dry brushed look.  And I really love how it turned out. 

And it was fun to paint.

Messy Yellow Painted Desk


What do you think? Have you ever painted anything like this?

Linking to:
The Crafty Blog Stalker - The Shabby Creek Cottage - Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk Interiors - It's Overflowing - Crafty Scrappy Happy - Three Mango Seeds

Jessica

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Yay! I think the finish looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be sure to mention that to my fiance!

      Delete

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!