December 7, 2011

Pre-Christmas Tree Reveal {with book page ornaments}

I just can’t wait to do a complete reveal of my tree. Unfortunately my house has been a disaster and not quite picture ready. So this pre-reveal will have to do :)
My theme this year is the more vintage book page look. I didn’t go ALL out on the vintage part…but I was really busy last weekend making these cute ornaments….


IMG_3064


Once I finished the first one…I was addicted. They look so professional {and vintage}. Not to mention they are super easy to do. I used pages from a small paperback dictionary I was forced had to buy the first year of college. I've been thinking about tossing it but I’m soooo glad I didn't!



IMG_9766



I’m thinking about giving them as gifts {that’s how much I adore them!!}…I just need to figure out a {handmade} way of wrapping them to match their awesomeness :)



IMG_7790



What do you think about them on the tree??



IMG_9611



IMG_7122-1
 



Love.Love.Love!!! OH…and here’s a sneak peak of the “others” I made…



IMG_5975




IMG_5550



I also ended up having to make my own tree topper. Our star we bought last year was a wee bit to heavy for this years tree. BUT the one I made looks better AND matches my book page ornaments! Can’t wait to show you :)

Linking this to...

12 comments:

  1. These ornaments are gorgeous! I would love for you to share at my Blog Stalking Thursday Link Party. http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-stalking-thursday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was craft day at my house & i ran myself crazy trying to do those paper rosettes - you don't even want to know how mine looked when i tried...do you have a tutorial? or a secret to share? hugs. tracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute--I love old books, so many uses. These are right up my alley! Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. frugal and stylish ornaments, so cute!

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been covering cones and embellishing them with these paper medallions. Love the ones you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mimi :) I really love these...it was hard to stop making them once I started! Super easy and super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving all the things that can be done with paper. Can't wait to see your ornaments on your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute! I love them too! :) Thank you so much for sharing! i totally need to recycle some old book and make some.

    itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jessica, I think that your ornaments are really unique and I'm sure that if you make gifts of them, the receivers will be extremely pleased with your thoughfulness. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!