January 7, 2015

Window Treatments On A Budget

Well, I'm home from work today with the kiddo.  It is supposed to get down to -36 degrees with the wind chill.  The hubby braved it....I hope he makes it home ok tonight.  He has a 45 minute drive.
 
Anyhow....
One of my recent projects has been our master bedroom windows.

Our bedroom has lacked those "final touches" since we moved in.  I knew curtains would pull the room together -- even if they weren't $200 plus dollars.  I'm sorry, but I just can't justify paying that kind of money for something that just hangs there. But that's me.


Cheap Window Treatments

 I did a quick google search on "DIY Curtains" and "DIY Curtain Rods" and came up with a ton of ideas.  In the end, I did something completely different.

Here is our room "before" the curtains. (Not the actual before before.  I will post that soon!) I could have probably tidied our bed a bit, but that didn't happen.  The room just looks bare and a bit bachelor.  Wouldn't you agree?


I went to Target and found cheap Cafe Rods for $3.00 a piece and sheer curtains for $5.00 a piece.   I thought sheer would soften the room a bit without making it too girly.  I wanted my husband to like the room too :)

Cheap Window Treatments from Target

I even hung the cafe rods myself.  Normally I have my husband do that stuff for me, but I figure I need to start doing these things myself :)  Plus, he gave me his old power drill after he got a new one.  Probably a little hint.....haha.

For just under $20.00, our bedroom finally looks pulled together.  


Excuse the dog.  He doesn't care if he photo bombs or not. 



 
I have more decorating to do in this room as well as adding curtains to our closet doors.  So stay tuned for another reveal!  This room is like night and day from what it was when we moved in.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/27/2015

    Looks warmer...more lived in. What a little adding can do to a room :)

    I have to also add that your dog never changed position during your whole curtain installation.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!