October 27, 2011

Teal TV Stand & End Table Redo

I decided on teal for my TV stand and end table. TEAL. Of all colors. I love teal. The color is so adorable. And if it's a random piece of furniture or accessory....even better. I was surfing the web looking for inspirational ideas and this living room really sold me on the teal idea....



I love the color combination. It's perfect. And I really want that TV stand :) But anywhooo! So I ran to Home Depot with my teal idea and got my paint and ran home to start on my project. Let me tell you...I finished sanding, priming, and painting all in one night. Whew!


Here is the yuck factor. My laminate TV stand with holes on top and my laminate end table with parts of the top peeled off from tape. How embarrassing....




I had to do something with those dumb holes so I used wood filler. Probably not the best solution as this piece isn't wood...but it did the job for me.




I did some light sanding on both of these pieces and then did one coat of primer each.








I also only did one coat of teal paint. I let it dry for 24 hours before giving it an antiqued look with a wood stain.








So...what do you think???? Cute or ugly??

I am excited to see how the room looks when this is all said and done. Right now I am still working on getting the doors painted and put back on but I think it's going to look really sharp {I'll post pics when it's all done}. It's amazing what a little paint can do. I went from having two gross looking....mismatched pieces of furniture to two pieces of furniture that match and look new. All for the $10 quart of paint. I actually could have bought a smaller can of paint...I still have over half the can left!

8 comments:

  1. I vote cute! I adore this color! :o) I think you made a great transformation! I wanted to stop by and say hi {I liked you blog name} via my blog crafty scrappy happy! So nice to "meet" you! p.s. this is kind of weird but I also saw you live in WI? So do I!!!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love teal. Can't wait to see it in its new area all set up!

    (: Kelli + Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, the teal looks so, so much better. It went from ugly 80's lacquer to something with charm and interest. Oh, and I signed up to follow your blog since we are both new to this world & you've joined my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the comment :)

    Yes I do live in WI...really close to you. Gotta love good ole' Wisconsin. I can't wait to trick-or-treat tonight with my daughter and FREEZE...{not!}.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cute! I love the look with the stain over it, perfectly toned down without losing the essence of the teal. Nice!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you tell me how exactly you made it have the antqiue look I am looking to do the same thing thanks! Also did you prime the tv stand or sand it real good o strip it? What did you use to pain the teal with. I haven't ahd much luck painting laminate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also can you tell me exactly what paint color you used and what stain you used to give the antique look?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh and ps. what kind of primer do you reommend?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!