April 22, 2012

A Stuffed Animal Organizer Up-Cycle

Hello everyone. Happy Sunday! I hope you had a great weekend :)

I’m excited to share my recent creation. A stuffed animal organizer. This organizer up-cycle only took 7 years, but I finally have my daughters stuffed animal collection under control. {For those of you who have children, you will know that stuffed animals are a BIG DEAL.}


5



The thought of spending money on this sort of sickened me though…I’ve been trying to just toss these things for a couple of years to begin with.


1



The collection used to be much larger, but I have been able to get rid of a few here and there without her noticing.


2



I checked my linen closet and found a bed skirt that I’ve never used.


3



I cut off the outer green edge.


4 



I sewed the edges in order to get rid of the unevenness from cutting {not shown}.

I didn’t have a set plan. If all else failed, I’d just wrap them all up in it and stuff it in her closet ;) But we found space on the end of her bed.


8



I felt an immediate since of satisfaction. There was no need to try anything else. I just tied it to the end of her bed and it looked like it was meant to be there.



7


Can you believe ALL of those stuffed animals are in this thing??? Amazing!!



6 



Be careful with this if you have real small children. My daughter wanted to get in it right away ;)




9





10 



Her room is a work in progress, but I think it’s starting to come together a little. What do you think? I have yet to paint her furniture and make her a cover for her comforter. We are debating on colors…



5



This stuffed animal organizer up-cycle literally cost me ZERO dollars. I already had the material and nothing else was used other than my sewing machine and my time :)
Hope you enjoyed this post :)

Have a great week!
xoxoxo

10 comments:

  1. VERY smart idea!!! I can understand slowly getting rid of them without them noticing...Been there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is genius! I'll have to try this in my kiddos' room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! So much more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually a really good idea, I hate the idea of spending money on this kind of thing too! I am your newest follower from the Networking Blog Hop! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm your newest follower and co-host of this month's blog hop. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun :) I'm looking forward to getting you know you better!

    This is a great idea!! Way cuter than the mesh net ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2/06/2013

    Grеetings! Vеry useful adѵice in thiѕ particular ρoѕt!
    It is the lіttle changеs that make the moѕt important chаngеs.

    Thanks for ѕhагing!

    my sitе :: buccket truck
    Also visit my webpage :: buccket truck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I pinned your post awhile back and finally made one myself. Thanks so much for the great idea and the motivation to do it :) If you want to see it here's the link! http://monzanitas.blogspot.com/2013/04/diy-toy-hammock.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karma Clark1/21/2014

    Thank you for posting this ingenious way of storing stuffed animals! I took your idea and used an old baby blanket of my son's, no sewing required, and just tied it onto the end of his bed and it works like a charm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9/07/2014

    Maybe even some flowers on both ends to hide the knots...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hah, I was just folding a sheet that was getting a little tattered around the edges thinking, "I'll have to repurpose this." Then this afternoon I was helping my 3 year old clean up his room and I decided I had HAD IT with the stuffed animals, I was going to spend $12 on a net. I went to amazon and saw that there was nothing really that cute, and I hated to buy something so simple. On a whim I checked Pinterest which I actually rarely do, and this popped up! Talk about an aha moment! :) It took 5 minutes. Twin top sheet on the foot of my son's full-size bed. Plenty of room for his animals, and easy access. It's just plain off-white, maybe one day we'll paint stripes on it. With the hand-tied knots it kind of reminds me of a pirate ship flag.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!